Saturday, October 12, 2013

Full Fall Mode

 In the past, I would have easily said my favorite season is summer. But as of late, without a doubt, fall has become my favorite season. Besides the fact that I have sentimental ties to fall (it reminds me of spending time with my family and friends, the beautiful mountains in utah, and the season that I moved to New York) it's just a beautiful season. Sure it means the impending doom that is Winter, but it also means no humid subway rides, crisp and cool morning runs, sunny days, and leaves changing colors and falling. I've become (admittedly) obsessed with all things pumpkin-flavored, broken out my coats, scarves, and boots, and downloaded several new ibooks. Yes, I am in full fall mode.

Along with that, I've also been changing my wardrobe because (obviously) there are cooler temps, and your wardrobe color palette should also probably reflect that (no mint shorts here). I randomly ran accross this leather skirt and I feel in love-it was exactly what I had been looking for. I love the idea of leather in a piece that can be transitional and worn in day-to-day life. I love that it's form fitting with a slight flare at the bottom and I also like that the cut and shape of it is conventional enough to where pretty much anywhere you would wear a typical black pencil skirt. It can be dressed up or down, with a pair of flats, heels, or even a basic heeled bootie. I fully plan on playing up the dressier cut of it and pairing it with a simple worn-in graphic tee.

So, now that i've checked one clothing item off of my "Fall Wardrobe Wish List", I can get back to more important things, like making some peanut butter pumpkin spice pancakes.

-A
 






No comments:

Post a Comment