Friday, November 22, 2013

Engaging Views

In October my dear friend made what has become her annual trip to New York City. She's an incredibly talented photographer, and while she was here she had the great idea to do a little couple's photo shoot with my boyfriend and I in Central Park. We started out the day with Latin brunch at Calle Ocho including unlimited and complimentary sangria from a menu of 8 different types. So, needless to say it made for an interesting photoshoot! These are my favorite shots from that day:

 

 
 


 

 

 

Central park has become a constant throughout my relationship with my boyfriend. Whenever we wanted to spend time together but were unsure of what to do, we generally went to central park. Whether it be an afternoon jog together, a spontaneous trader joe's picnic (tea light candle included), breaking away for lunches while his mother was in the hospital, an evening stroll the first time he met my dad, or yes, maybe even a fight (hopefully he's not reading this, sorry Bryan!) central park had become a very special place to us. So it only seemed fitting (and a gorgeous backdrop, obviously) to take a few photos there.

Conveniently enough, I returned here a few weeks later thinking my boyfriend and I were "grabbing a bite to eat at the boathouse" before meeting up with a couple friends. After admittedly getting aggravated because it appeared that Bryan had no idea where we were going, he promised me it was just over the bridge. When we approached the bridge I had to stop to take photos-it had rained that morning which had, along with the sunset, cast a soft fog over the water and the New York skyline. I then received a call with the caller I.D. reading "Your Fiance", and when I turned around a very nervous Bryan got down on one knee and proposed to me.

So, yeah, I feel it's safe to say that Central Park holds a very dear place in my heart.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment