Friday, February 22, 2013

PR Bound

So in order to escape the frosty New York temps, me and 4 other friends have planned a week-long trip to Puerto Rico! We leave Sunday morning and I could not possibly be anymore excited! I just got done being sick as a dog, and I need this vacation more than ever! I'm so looking forward to the beach, exploring PR, meeting new friends, eating good food (and refreshing drinks!), and just some straight up R&R!

On the fashion front, I'm looking forward to ditching the coats and scarves for shorts and sandals! The warm temperatures and spanish influences of Puerto Rico are definitely going to serve as the inspiration for my wardrobe choices. Something I've seen a huge reprise of, and also am personally obsessed with, is bold color! I'm going to take this vacation as an opportunity to break from drab winter colors, but also pull out pieces from last summer and see what new items I can encorporate into my wardrobe for this upcoming spring.
 
Some of my favorite colors to work with are; coral, true red, hot pink, neon orange, bright and mustard yellow, mint green, teal, kelly green, and cobalt blue. I've also noticed a surge in various aztec, ikat and tribal prints in bold colors which is also something that I am looking forward to adding into my wardrobe and also feels very Puerto Rican appropriate.

-A

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment